Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. Our office follows and exceeds infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We continue to stay up to date on the policies of these agencies and adhere to all current recommendations of practice and safety.
Some of the new changes we have implemented are as follows:
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office. We will also ask you to please fill out a COVID-19 screening form online that can be accessed through our website, and a link to the screening form will be sent to you by email and text prior to every appointment.
- We will be taking your temperature prior to every appointment, by using a no-contact thermometer. All patients and staff will have their temperatures taken daily.
- We have multiple hand sanitizer stations in place, which we ask you to use when you arrive and any time you wish during your visit.
- We will be asking every patient to rinse with an anti-microbial hydrogen peroxide rinse at the beginning of the appointment.
- In our continued commitment to paperless charting, we are asking all patients to fill out all registration paperwork prior to the appointment in order to minimize the need for you to touch and utilize the iPads.
- We no longer provide a disposable toothbrush for patient use prior to the appointment.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children’s toys.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you will be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times, reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time, and to allow for a thorough cleaning of the operatories between patients.
- All areas that are high traffic and high touch areas are disinfected multiple times per day.
Our Investments in your health and safety
- Each operatory and the waiting room is now equipped with a Surgically Clean Air Jade Unit.
HEPA-Rx filters have been independently tested to remove 99.998% of particles at 0.1 microns, and 99.2% at 0.0025 microns. (COVID molecule is approximately 0.125 microns)
- Due to the size of our operatories, all the air in each operatory is filtered through approximately every 5 minutes.
- We have installed UV-C disinfection of all air that passes through our air conditioning and heating units with the Fresh-aire UV system.
- We are fogging each operatory after every patient with hypochlorous acid (HOCL) as an additional disinfection step to eliminate any residual bacteria and viral pathogens.
- We have implemented new protocols and purchased new chair side equipment for reducing the aerosols generated while utilizing ultrasonic scalers and high speed drills.